Every body comes to yoga for a different reason.
It is a great source of exercise, relaxation and stress relief for people of all body types and skill levels.
Yoga is a method of discipline that teaches focus, strength, mind and body control through different breathing techniques and poses. Since its inception more than 5,000 years ago, hundreds of types have been developed, including gentle, power, hot, vinyasa flow and yin yoga. In Sanskrit, “yoga” means “union” or “connection” of the body, breath and mind.
There are a number of physical and mental benefits of practicing and maintaining a regular yoga regimen, including:
- Cardiovascular and circulatory health
- Ease of chronic pain, reduced risk of future injury
- Greater clarity and focus
- Have more fun!
- Improved mindfulness, respiration, energy and athletic performance
- Increased balance, flexibility and muscle strength
- Sense of connection to self and community with others
- Spine protection and posture control
- Stress relief and inner peace
- Weight control
- Well-balanced metabolism, regulated cholesterol and blood sugar levels
When your mind, body and spirit are in harmony, you feel empowered and healthy!